What to expect from a Registered Migration Agent

Updated: Aug 16, 2020

In Australia, anyone who gives migration advice must be registered with the office of the migration agents registration authority or the Office of the Mara. It's against the law for anyone who is not registered to give immigration advice or provide assistance in submitting a visa application. You can find one on the Office of the Mars website www.mara.gov.au.

By law, a Registered Migration Agent must:

- adhere to the standards in the Migration Agents Code of Conduct.

- be realistic with you about your chances of getting a visa.

- provide you with an agreement of services and fees before starting work.

- keep clients informed about the progress of visa application

Remember, if you get migration advice from someone who is not a registered migration agent, the MARA cannot assist if there is a problem.

51 views0 comments